Last modified October 1, 2019
This policy is meant to help you understand what information we collect, why we collect it, and how you can update, manage, and delete your information.
What Information Do We Collect?
You may be asked to provide personal information anytime you interact with us. The types of information we collect depends on how you use our services. The following types of information are collected by or on behalf of Songs for Kids:
- Contact details. Your name, address, telephone number, email address, etc.
- Financial information. Your bank account number, payment card information, billing address, etc.
- Information related to your participation in our services or events. The service(s) and event(s) that you have attended, date and time of arrival and departure, special accommodation requests, goods and services purchased, etc.
- Demographic data. Your age, gender, country, preferred language, etc.
- Data on how you use our website. Your IP address, login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types, geolocation information about where you might be, operating system and version, etc.
- Children’s Data. Our website is directed to and intended for use only by those who are 18 years of age or over. We do not knowingly collect personal information from any person under 18 years of age.
How Do We Collect Your Information?
1. We collect information from you.
We may collect and receive information from you, including when you:
- Use or access our website, such as when you make a donation or fill out a form;
- Communicate with us by email, telephone, in writing, or social media;
- Attend one of our fundraisers; and
- Use any of our services;
2. We collect information automatically when you access our website.
Like many websites, we may receive and store information generated by your activity and information automatically collected from your browser or mobile device when you use or interact with our website.
3. We collect information from other sources.
We may collect and receive information about you from other sources, which may include:
- Individuals requesting services for or on your behalf;
- Publicly available sources; and
- Marketing service providers.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We collect and use your information so that we can operate effectively and provide you with the best experience. We also use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- Providing our services. Supplying you with our services; customizing our services to your preferences; and keeping proper records of those transactions.
- Receipt of donations. Processing your donations; keeping proper records of those transactions and making appropriate disclosures.
- Customer support. Notifying you of any changes to our services; responding to your inquiries via email, phone, or writing, or social media; investigate and address concerns raised by you; and monitor and improve our customer support responses.
- Improving our services. Conducting data analysis and audits; developing new products and services; enhancing our website; improving our services; identifying usage trends and visiting patterns; conducting customer satisfaction, market research, and quality assurance surveys; determining the effectiveness of our promotions, and meeting contractual obligations.
- Marketing and promotions (with your consent). Sending you emails and messages about news and new promotions, features, products and services, and content.
- Safety and security. Using closed circuit television systems and other security systems to maintain the safety and security of you and our guests, visitors and employees at our Songs for Kids Center.
- Legal proceedings and requirements. Investigating or addressing claims or disputes relating to your use of our services; or as otherwise allowed by applicable law; or as requested by regulators, government entities, and official inquiries.
How Do We Share Your Information?
We do not sell your name or other personal information to third parties. We may share the information we collect:
1. With our service providers and business partners.
We may provide information to our vendors, consultants, marketing partners, research firms, and other service providers or business partners. This may include, for example:
- Payment processors and facilitators;
- Cloud storage providers;
- Marketing partners and marketing platform providers;
- Data analytics providers;
- Research partners;
- Consultants, lawyers, accountants and other professional service providers; and
- Insurance and financing partners.
2. With your consent.
We may share your information other than as described in this policy if we notify you and you consent to the sharing.
3. For legal reasons or in the event of a dispute.
We may share your information with third parties for legal reasons or in the event of a dispute. This may include, for example:
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company;
- To comply with a court order, search warrant, subpoena, or other legal process;
- To comply with legal, regulatory, or administrative requirements of any government or law enforcement authority; and
- To establish or exercise our legal rights and to protect and defend us in connection with any threatened or actual legal action, claim or dispute.
How Long Do We Keep Your Information?
To the extent permissible by applicable law, we will retain your personal information for such period as necessary to satisfy or to fulfill the following:
- the purposes for which that personal information was provided;
- an identifiable and ongoing business need, including record keeping;
- a specific legal or regulatory requirement; and/or
- a requirement to retain records that may be relevant to any notified regulatory investigations or active legal proceedings.
Where Do We Store Your Information?
We process and store personal information inside the United States.
How Secure Is Your Information?
We implement reasonable administrative, organizational and technical safeguards and security measures to protect personal information within our control from unauthorized access, acquisition, disclosure, destruction or alteration, accidental loss, misuse or damage. We regularly review and monitor such safeguards and security measures.
We use tracking tools like browser cookies and web beacons to collect information from you. We collect information about users over time when you use this website or any apps that we may make available on our website. We may have third parties collect personal information this way. Learn more about these tools and how you can control them by clicking here.
- Not provide us with personal information. If you choose to do this, we may not be able to provide you with our services or respond to any queries you may have.
- Opt-out of receiving promotional emails. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for marketing and if third parties are involved. You can opt out from receiving marketing material from us at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or clicking the “unsubscribe” link contained in the email.
- Delete your personal information. You can ask us to erase or delete all, or some, of your personal information if we are not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes. To request for us to delete your personal information, email us at email@example.com.
- Change or correct your personal information. You can ask us to change, update or fix your personal information in certain cases, particularly if it is inaccurate. To request for us to change or correct your personal information, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How Will We Notify You of Changes to This Policy?
We may occasionally update this policy. If we make significant changes, we will notify you of the changes on our website or through other means, such as email.
Other Important Information
Do Not Track Signals. Our website is not configured to read or respond to “do not track” settings or signals in your browser headings.
Contact Us. Questions, comments and complaints about our data practices can be sent to our data privacy office by sending an email to email@example.com or writing us at: Songs for Kids, Attention: Privacy Department, 145 Nassau St. NW, Suite B, Atlanta, GA 30303.